Abua/Odual use to be an LGA characterized with sorrowful, affliction, anguish, dolefulness, grief, heartache, heartbreaking news. It was an LGA that whenever and wherever you made mention of it, what comes into the mind of your listener is “#Who_them_don_kill_again”. This has been on and on for over 8years, most parents even try changing their children’s LGA identity.
The affliction suffered by my people got worst when a seating LGA Chairman decided to award crime with cars and other juicy rewards like sponsoring trips of criminals to Abroad. The young and upcoming youths begin to see crime as an avenue to put their names in the golden book of the chairman in order to achieve their own cars.
Then I was still a student of University of Port-Harcourt and a very rugged comrade as of then, I was so pissed of the precedence been set by the chairman who happens to be the then political leader of my party PDP by virtue friendship with his boss Rotimi Ameachi. As a student leader, I and other concern comrades which most of them are bootlickers of the then chairman now approached him with the issue of bursary payment and rendering of helps to students since the council is buoyant to lavish monies on criminals but the man refuse and asked us a question I will never forget. In his words “#Of_what_political_value_are_we_that_we_want_to_rub_shoulders_with_his_generals”
My dear, I was so heartbroken that I vow never to support this man in any of his political journey.
But today, the story of Abua/Odual has changed for good under the reign of Governor Wike and leadership Hon. Mrs Betty Okagua Apiafi as the political leader of Abua/Odual LGA.
Since we don’t have factories and companies like Obio/Akpor, Eleme, Onelga, Oyigbo and Port-Harcourt LGAs, our major source of livelihood has been farming and fishing but today with works of Mr. Project in the LGA our yours are involved in direct labour and supplies in the various roads constructions, schools, hospital buildings and renovations.
Yesterday I was in a project tour in the LGA and what I saw with my eyes was so pleasing. Unlike those days when outsiders were the ones doing our contracts, now AbuaOdual youths are directly involved in jobs awarded to the LGA. With this, the Hunger in the land has reduced to a minimum standard and the level of crime also reduced.
1. I went to State school #Emirikpoko and I saw the youths involved in direct labour and supplies.
2. I went to State school #Ogboloma and I saw them involved in direct labour and supplies.
3. I was in State school #Obarany in my clan Emughan and I saw the youths working and happy for the the renovation going o there.
4. I moved to Community Primary school #Okoboh and I saw the nice work there.
5. I moved to Government Girls Secondary school #Ayama and I saw the beautiful work done there.
6. I went to #Okpeden clan and road construction was partially slow but the teaming population of AbuaOdual youths involved in direct labour and supplies was encouraging.
7. I went to General hospital #Ayama and I saw the beautiful work done there.
8. I move to Government Secondary School #Abua and number of youths working there was something to write home.
9. And the most recent one is the construction of #Otapha clan road.
We are very happy for these giant strides been taken by our governor in our LGA. We will uninanimously support you for a second term so that you will continue with the construction of Ekago Ogboloma road and the propose rice farm.