Accordingly, The Meeting called on him to present himself for the 2019 gubernatorial election under our great party, APC, (THE MEETING) HELD AT THE TANA EVENTS PLACE, KING PEREKULE STREET, GRA, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, ON THURSDAY 28 SEPTEMBER, 2017.
Party faithful across each of the 23 Local Government Areas of Rivers State were officially invited together with other members of the National Assembly from Rivers State and some members of the State House of Assembly and others who served in the immediate past administration in Rivers State. In all, thousands of party members were in attendance.
Specially, Hon Chidi Frank Wihioka (Elder), Member, House of Representatives, representing Ikwerre/Emohua Federal Constituency; Hon Dr. Barry Mpigi, member, House of Representatives representing Eleme/Tai/Oyigbo Federal Constituency; Hon Maurice Pronen, member, House of Representatives, representing Khana/Gokana Federal Constituency; Prince Aboko Agolia, former member House of Representatives; Senator Wilson Ake; Hon Tony Okocha; former Chief of Staff, Government House, Rivers State (2011-2015); Worgu Boms Esq, Hon Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Rivers State (2011-2015); Dr Ipalibo Harry, Hon Commissioner for Employment, Rivers State (2011-2015); Austine Wokocha, Hon Commissioner for Power, Rivers State(2011-2015); Hon Alwell Onyesoh, Commissioner for Education(1999-2003), Chairman, Rivers State Senior Secondary Schools Board (2011-2015); Hon Victor Amadi, Member, Rivers State House of Assembly (2011-2015);Hon Dr Robinson Ewo, Deputy Leader, Rivers State House of Assembly (2007-2015); Hon Aye Pepple, member Rivers State House of Assembly, Bonny Constituency (2007-2015); Hon Josiah Orlu, member, Rivers State House of Assembly, Eleme Constituency; Hon. Nke-ee, member, Rivers State House of Assembly, Khana 11 Constituency; Hon Mathew Dike, member, Rivers State House of Assembly, Tai Constituency; Chidiebere Okwu Worlu, former member, Rivers State House of Assembly, former Commissioner, Rivers State; Hon Chimbiko Iche Akarolo, former Mayor of Port Harcourt, Hon Legborsi Nwidadah, former member, Rivers State House of Assembly (2011-2015); Hon Daddy Pokima, former council chairman, Degema; Hon Lebari Mwara, former member, House of Assembly; Hon Mary Allagoa, former Special Assistant to former Governor of Rivers State, amongst others, were in attendance.
INTRODUCTION AND PREAMBLE
The stakeholders Meeting, hereafter simply referred to as The Meeting, deliberated on the state of the party ahead of the 2019 general elections in the state and received reports from members on happenings and activities in their respective LGAs. After more than 2 hours of serious, frank, candid, open and sincere deliberations devoid of sentiments of any type and kind, in which there were reflections on our past as a party and introspections on our current party issues, during which deliberations it became evident that all were united in our love for our country, our state and our party, and at which participants reminded themselves that political parties exist primarily, if not solely, to win elections and not to pander to individual or sectional or clique, whim and caprice and also that each person in the party was free to make his political choices without fear, The Meeting reaffirmed the belief that it is God that gives power to whomsoever He desires. Consequently, the Meeting arrived at and agreed on the following, as matters on which there was consensus and that is to:
1. The Meeting strongly urged the State Working Committee to strive for independence, impartiality and inclusiveness if the party must come out of the present low moral of members.
2. The Meeting affirmed the right of all party members to have ambition within the party, openly express it and canvass and lobby and rally support for its actualisation without fear and within the laws and Constitution of the party;The Meeting insisted that it was only thereby that the party would be built in line with the change agenda of our great party, rather than through the handpicking of candidates as was done in the past.
3. Without equivocation and with the power and support of both the APC Constitution and the Nigerian Constitution, The Meeting stated that Senator Magnus Ngei Abe’s eminent qualification to aspire to the office of Governor of Rivers state under our party could not be questioned.
4. Accordingly, The Meeting called on him to present himself for the 2019 gubernatorial election under our great party, APC, as he clearly has the support and approval of a vast majority of our party faithful across the state.
5. The Meeting expressed its gratitude and appreciation to all honest-hearted members of the party who have continued to be genuinely dismayed and broken-hearted and fiercely discriminated against in the party on account of their political orientation and the style of leadership which instills fear and threats for associating with Magnus Abe for not leaving the party but have continued to stay on and contribute meaningfully for the advancement of our party.
6. Finally, we thank the Almighty God for the health of the President and his triumphant return home to continue with the historic task of building a new Nigeria where no one will be oppressed so that we can hand over to our children a banner without stain. The Meeting pledged its unalloyed loyalty to and cooperation with the party and the President in this onerous task even as we congratulate His Excellency on the country’s 57 independence anniversary.
Hon. Chidi Frank Wihioka
Hon. Maurice Pronen
Hon. Felix Nwaeke
Hon Augustine Wokocha
Hon. Ipalibo Harry
Hon. Marcus Nle Ejii